[cmake-developers] patch VS2010 generator : handle VS_GLOBAL_RootNamespace as well as VS_GLOBAL_ROOTNAMESPACE

Benjamin Ballet bballet at ivsweb.com
Wed Jul 20 11:22:55 EDT 2016

Hi folks,

As user I'm currently working on migrating C++CLI projects to CMake.

I wasted a few hours because I used VS_GLOBAL_RootNamespace (a specialized
version of VS_GLOBAL_<variable> property) instead of
VS_GLOBAL_ROOTNAMESPACE.

So here is a patch to save the next one from wasting those same hours.

In my opinion, VS_GLOBAL_ROOTNAMESPACE with VS_GLOBAL_PROJECT_TYPE and
VS_GLOBAL_KEYWORD should be tagged as deprecated and users should be
redirected to VS_GLOBAL_<variable>. It would be simpler.

--
*Benjamin BALLET*
Ingénieur R&D

*ACTIVISU*