[cmake-developers] Natvis support in Visual Studio

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 10:23:45 EDT 2016

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 9:05 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:
>  VS: Add a VS_TOOL_OVERRIDE source file property
>  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=ed05f11d

Nice, I wasn't aware that there was already a feature in place to
support this. Given that this exists, is there any point to adding an
explicit code change to support natvis files?

I will install a 3.6.2 nightly build and try out that property. I like
that idea, the only downside is you lose the automatic mapping based
on file extension. I have a simple patch attached that shows the
change I've made to the code. I don't have time ATM to write a unit
test for it, but hopefully you can build onto this if you find it
valuable? Seems the change is simple based on your explanation.