[cmake-developers] CpackRPM doesn't escape filenames

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 10:13:35 EDT 2016

> A simple version, which covers the main test case is shown here.

Thanks.

> The %files list in the auto spec file shows "%dist.txt" when I think it should show "%%dist.txt". Even when I manually changed it to %% it didn't work for me though. Maybe someone who knows RPM better would be able to tell me why.

CPackRPM uses globbing to find all the files so you can't escape it in
install command (install is executed first and must have valid
filename without any RPM specific escapes, then later on internally
CPackRPM globs for files and escaping should be performed there).

>  Other cases could also be tested by adding more files (for those who have any of ?|*.\'" in their file names).

I'll add some additional tests for these cases as well and see if it breaks.

Thanks,
Domen