[cmake-developers] cmake -E capabilities

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 06:33:55 EDT 2016

Tobias Hunger wrote:

> Either we should have multiConfig return a list of configuration names
> that will be generated or I do not see any need to have the information in
> the first place.

I think when using qmake with QtCreator, the user can choose the
configuration at build time by selecting it from the left-side menu.

Such a feature would also work with cmake projects if the user chooses to
use the XCode generator on mac or VS generator on Windows (or if someday we
have a multi-config Ninja generator or so).

However, I don't think that is an immediate goal, and that information can
be added later easily if a client does need it.