[cmake-developers] ninja command line options not propagated to ninja invocation for superbuild projects

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 28 11:18:04 EST 2016

On 01/28/2016 11:04 AM, Taylor Braun-Jones wrote:
> Is this expected behavior, a known bug, or a new bug that I should file?

Currently it is expected, but I don't think anyone has thoroughly
investigated it or tried to implement it.  IIRC it works in Makefile
generators only because the make tool does it under the hood when
one uses $(MAKE) in a makefile to run another make.  It is a feature
of the build tool itself, not of CMake.  Unless Ninja offers some
equivalent it may not be possible.