[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015937]: ccmake no longer permits setting CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER and no longer finds ccache

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Jan 28 02:29:34 EST 2016

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
https://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=15937
Reported By:                Michi Henning
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15937
Category:                   CCMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2016-01-28 02:29 EST
Last Modified:              2016-01-28 02:29 EST
I have ccache in my path as the first directory. With older versions of cmake, I
could run "ccmake .." and it would find and set the C and C++ compiler according
to what was in my path, meaning that the ccache version of the compiler was
found automatically.

With the current version of cmake/ccmake, this no longer works.
/usr/lib/ccache/cc and /usr/lib/ccache/c++ are no longer detected as the
compilers, and it appears to be impossible to change which compiler is used from
ccmake.

This is also annoying because, previously, I could easily switch between gcc and
clang via ccmake, by simply changing the CMAKE_C_COMPILER and CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
settings. But now, these settings are no longer shown.

Could you restore the previous functionality please? Having to endlessly change
this from the command line is really tedious.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change