[cmake-developers] Improve FindGit.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jan 27 09:29:53 EST 2016

On 01/26/2016 04:16 PM, Christoph Grüninger wrote:
> Dear CMake devs,
> please find attached a patch to slightly improve FindGit.cmake.
>
> I did test it, but did not understand why GIT_FOUND was set in the first
> place.

The FPHSA helper sets both for historical reasons.  We once had a convention
of UPPERCASE names for find module results instead of ExactCase.

Thanks for the patch.  Applied:

 FindGit: Document Git_FOUND, unset internal var
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=facfb52c

I followed it up with some documentation formatting improvements:

 FindGit: Improve documentation formatting
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=fa78ee97