[cmake-developers] CMake daemon for user tools

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 16:14:02 EST 2016

Vladimir Prus wrote:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/12658/focus=13004

> Hi Stephen,
>
> this sounds very much like what I has proposed for Boost.Build, see:
>
> http://vladimirprus.com/talks/boosting-cdt-builds/

Yes, I'm familiar with that. It is listed as prior art in the gmane link you
quoted :)

https://fosdem.org/2016/schedule/event/enabling_gui_tools_for_cmake_code
>> Is anyone interested enough in this potential cmake feature to
>> join the development effort?
>
> You can guess I'm not very interested in cmake, but maybe we can discuss
> the protocol, so that an IDE can work with different build systems? Think
> we can have a chat at FOSDEM?

Yep, sounds good to me. I don't have a schedule decided yet for which talks
I'll attend, but I should be reachable by email to arrange to meet. I assume
you've seen

 https://steveire.wordpress.com/2016/01/24/cmake-daemon-for-user-tools/