[cmake-developers] Assertion hit in CMake for KDevelop on Ubuntu

Robert Dailey rcdailey.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 11:28:17 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Alexander Neundorf <neundorf at kde.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 13, 2016 10:16:23 Robert Dailey wrote:
>> Running version 3.2.2 on Ubuntu 15. I run the following command:
>>
>> $ cmake .. -G"KDevelop3" -DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=gcc-4.9
>> -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=g++-4.9 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=$config
>> -DCMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="../toolchains/linux_i686.toolchain.cmake"
>
> are you sure you actually want to use the KDevelop3 generator ?
> This is for the KDE3 version, and you are probably using the KDE4 version of
> KDevelop ? For that you don't need these generated project files.
>
> Actually I was thinking about removing this generator, because KDevelop3 is
> really really old, not sure whether it is still available in current Linux
> distributions.

This might explain it. I just installed kdevelop on Ubuntu 15, not
sure what version it is using. I also have never used kdevelop before
so I was not aware that it had built in support for CMake. I saw it in
the list of generators so I naturally assumed I had to use it. Note
that Eclipse is in kind of the same boat, as far as which versions it
supports and its not immediately obvious.