[cmake-developers] VS_GLOBAL_ properties in VS 2010+ (was: patch building and testing)

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 11 13:10:31 EST 2016

On 01/08/2016 05:56 PM, Mike Fitzgerald wrote:
> I've got the attached, which gives me the results I'd expect

Great, thanks.  I've applied this and merged to 'next' for testing:

 VS: Implement VS_GLOBAL_* target properties in VS 2010+ (#13666)
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=af39f115

> If I should be adding a test for this property

The property has an existing smoke test in Tests/VSResource but that
does not actually check that anything works.  The above-linked change
is acceptable on its own since the existing property was not tested
for VS 2008 and below even though it was implemented.  However, we'd
appreciate it if you could look at adding tests.

Take a look at

 Tests/RunCMake/XcodeProject
 Tests/RunCMake/SolutionGlobalSections

These directories have test cases that check the actual content of
the generated Xcode projects and VS .sln files.  Something similar
could be added to check for the results of this property in .vcxproj
files.