[cmake-developers] Profile Cmake scripts

Bartosz Kosiorek gang65 at poczta.onet.pl
Tue Jan 5 03:18:49 EST 2016

Hi Ben.

> The
> big remaining problem is passing char* as an argument where functions do
> std::string(arg) right away. I fixed all of those which did explicit
> std::string conversions (via assignment or otherwise), but those which
> are conditional should get std::string overloads to avoid a
> malloc/copy/free penalty. There is a *lot* of work here though. The
> branch I had been working on (which is now woefully out-of-date) is 100
> commits long.

That's great news.
What is the branch name/link to these improvement?
Is it possible to push these improvements partially?

Maybe CMake community could continue working on that improvement?
It will be great to create ticket, in which propose solution will be
described.

BTW: Do you know why the Xcode and MS Visual Studio is slower than CMake
one ?

Here is the benchmarks for my internal project:

Xcode generation:
   real 6m31.733s
   user 4m51.862s
   sys 0m20.268s