[cmake-developers] Bugfix for CPack / CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS

Daniel Wirtz daniel.wirtz at simtech.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Feb 16 15:46:57 EST 2016

Dear all,

i think i've encountered a bug where the fourth (=SubDirectory) entry of
the CPACK_INSTALL_CMAKE_PROJECTS list is simply ignored.
I stumbled on this as i was trying to use something other than "/" for
that part (Superbuild project with collecting CPack).

I've searched the source code and i think the bug is located at
<CMAKEROOT>\Source\CPack\cmCPackGenerator.cxx:729: (Git Rev
8dfb6f8b372b159c050b6ea5e16b4e44dd9ed095)

726: std::string realInstallDirectory = tempInstallDirectory;
727: if ( !installSubDirectory.empty() && installSubDirectory != "/" )
728:     {
729:         realInstallDirectory += installSubDirectory;
730:    }

The variable "realInstallDirectory" is simply not used anymore within
the entire CMake source after line 729.
I've changed this to "tempInstallDirectory" and the behaviour is as i
expected it - works for me now.

The offending lines of code have been committed in 2006 with
c09c3c6bfadb41bd0b43082642ce76abbf02df06 - i doubt that no one ever
tried to use something other than "/" since then? Or is there something
else i'm missing?

Best,
Daniel

--