[cmake-developers] [Qt-creator] CMake daemon for user tools

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 13:24:34 EST 2016

Hi Dominik,

Am 15.02.2016 19:01 schrieb "Dominik Haumann" <dhaumann at kde.org>:
> 1. Wouldn't it make sense you have a developer sprint ASAP for this?

I'd be in, but I do not have the time to organize one. I could probably get
a room in our office though (in Berlin).

> 2. Reading about this deamon approach, rtags comes to my mind: rtags

I personally do not consider rtags to be very interesting for my use-cases.
But I am the wrong person for that topic anyway.

> Given this background, I can see a lot of benefits in a cmake deamon
> that provides all sorts of infos...

So do I.

I did a bit of hacking on a fork of Stephen's code (
https://github.com/hunger/CMake/tree/cmake-daemon) where I added some
protocol improvements (more unified JSON messages going back and forth,
consistent error reporting, consistent progress reporting, more unit tests,
etc.). No new functionality, just a bit of polish here and there.

Best Regards,
Tobias