[cmake-developers] Question related to Visual Studio 14 2015 [MyTarget]

Ian Henriksen insertinterestingnamehere at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 15:32:20 EST 2016

On Tue, Feb 9, 2016 at 10:15 AM Gilles Khouzam <Gilles.Khouzam at microsoft.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to understand what is necessary to make this work. I'll circle
> back when I find out more information.

I've been experimenting with this lately. When building with NMake, adding
the
flag "-fms-compatibility-version=19.00.23506" got clang to act like the
right version
of MSVC. MSVC 2013 is the default right now.
When building with the generator "Visual Studio 14 2015 Win64", adding the
toolset
flag "-TLLVM-vs2014" got clang to work.
https://github.com/boostorg/hana/wiki/Setting-up-Clang-on-Windows was really
helpful in figuring some of this out.
All that aside, seamless interaction between clang-cl and MSVC 2015 is
definitely
still a work in progress.

Best,
-Ian Henriksen