[cmake-developers] Question related to Visual Studio 14 2015 [MyTarget]

Yi-Hong Lyu b95705030 at ntu.edu.tw
Fri Feb 5 14:41:27 EST 2016

Hello all,

I am a cmake newbie. Now I have two compiler that target MyTarget. The
first one is a modified cl.exe, and the other one is the clang-cl.exe.
Because they don't target x86/x64, both headers/libraries are supposed not
to be included/linked. Instead I just want to include/link
headers/libraries of MyTarget. Here are my some questions:

1. What I need to do is to add an option MyTarget for arch of "Visual
Studio 14 2015 [arch]", just like "Visual Studio 14 2015 [Win64]" or
"Visual Studio 14 2015 [ARM]"?
2. How can I support cl.exe and clang-cl.exe by Visual Studio 14 2015
[MyTarget]"? Should I add options cl.exe/clang-cl.exe for toolset-name of
"-T <toolset-name>"?
3. Is there any way to make sure that all x86/x64 headers/libraries are not
included/linked? I'd like only include/link headers/libraries of MyTarget.

Thanks for your reply, any comments are welcomed.
Yi-Hong