[cmake-developers] Xcode generator is adding old attributes on .pbxproj

Arnau Quintana Arnau.Quintana at king.com
Fri Feb 5 11:35:26 EST 2016

Hi Brad,

Thanks for the quick response! :)

The changes to remove “refType” are quite safe. I see no big problems there.

The same for “buildSettings” as this attribute is empty for the “PBXProject” section.

About “buildStyles”, as I see on the cmake code, it is used only to set “COPY_PHASE_STRIP=NO”. I might be missing some reason, but I am not sure cmake should set “NO” by default. But this might be a topic for a separate discussion.

Anyway, on our project we set this property to “NO" for internal builds (debug) and to “YES" for live versions. We do that in our build scripts, using “set_target_property”, but by analysing this issue I found out that this is not working either, and this setting is not correctly set on Xcode.

I do not know if these are related. Any thoughts?

I am curious about what tests are you running. Could you please point me to the relevant tests?

I’ll keep you posted if I do any progress.

Thanks again!
Arnau