[cmake-developers] [CMake] CMake 3.5.0-rc1 install is missing dependencies

Konstantin Podsvirov konstantin at podsvirov.pro
Wed Feb 3 16:28:10 EST 2016

Meet the fresh update online installers (CMake3.5.3.5.20160203):

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cmake-master-win32-online.exe

and

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/cmake-master-win64-online.exe

If you have used them previously, then just update via "CMake Maintenance Tool".

These installers were collected and razvernut using AppVeyor:

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/podsvirov/cmake/build/3.5-26

03.02.2016, 21:36, "Brad King" <brad.king at kitware.com>:
> On 02/03/2016 11:19 AM, Thompson, KT wrote:
>> The Windows installation doesn't appear to provide all the
>> required dependencies. ‘cmake-gui’ will not launch and provides
>> the error “Qt5Widgets.dll is missing form your computer.”
>
> Ugh, after months of working correctly on the nightly binary builds
> something happened to go wrong on the packaging machine specifically
> for this release build due to an environment change. I've fixed it
> and replaced the binary on the download site for the Windows build.
> Please download and try again.
>
> -Brad

I tried the installer:

https://cmake.org/files/v3.5/cmake-3.5.0-rc1-win32-x86.msi

He asked me to install CMake on your way:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Easy-WebPrint EX\

:-) (something and somewhere went wrong...)

I changed to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\CMake\

And installed as usual.

In the Start menu I have a folder of CMake (although the old NSIS installer would create a folder CMake 3.5.0-rc1)

I then used just installed cmake to create installers based on IFW generator.

I built these offline installers:

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/files/v3.5/cmake-3.5.0-rc1-win32-x86.exe

and

http://ifw.podsvirov.pro/cmake/files/v3.5/cmake-3.5.0-rc1-win64-x64.exe

In all cases I was using MSVC2013 and Qt5.5.1 for cmake-gui.
For me everything works fine.

I ask all those interested. To test the results and to share lessons learned.

Together we will make CMake better!!!

Regards,
Konstantin Podsvirov