[cmake-developers] Building CMake system libraries

Chuck Atkins chuck.atkins at kitware.com
Wed Dec 7 11:00:58 EST 2016

Shouldn't we  be able to accomplish the same same thing with just the
CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_FOO
variable as a cache entry?  I ran into this when trying to build CMake
master and I want to use all system libraries but librhash.  Given the
current implementation, there's a number of configurations that cause no
way to actually set this with the user-facing option.  Typically I'd do
-DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES=ON -DCMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRHASH=OFF but the
user-facing option has no meaning because internally the
CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRARY_RHASH
variable, initialized by
CMAKE_USE_SYSTEM_LIBRARIES force overrides anything I try to set for it.

Chuck Atkins