[cmake-developers] VS Toolchain Support

Olmstead, Don Don.Olmstead at sony.com
Wed Aug 24 15:39:09 EDT 2016

For a first pass it might be best to just follow what is in cmIDEFlagTable as this would largely be unintrusive and just get the architecture there.

That would look like

{
   "library":[
      {
         "name":"ErrorReporting",
         "command":"ERRORREPORT:PROMPT",
         "comment":"PromptImmediately",
         "value":"PromptImmediately"
      },
      {
         "name":"ErrorReporting",
         "command":"ERRORREPORT:QUEUE",
         "comment":"Queue For Next Login",
         "value":"QueueForNextLogin"
      }
      ..
   ]
}

Where flags would be optional.

Another option would actually group the values together.

{
   "library":{
      "ErrorReporting":{
         "values":[
            {
               "command":"ERRORREPORT:PROMPT",
               "comment":"PromptImmediately",
               "value":"PromptImmediately"
            },
            {
               "command":"ERRORREPORT:QUEUE",
               "comment":"Queue For Next Login",
               "value":"QueueForNextLogin"
            }
         ]
      }
   }
}

Again flags would be optional.

If there are not multiple values then it would look something like this.

{
   "library":{
      "AdditionalLibraryDirectories":{
         "command":"LIBPATH:",
         "comment":"Additional Library Directories",
         "value":"",
         "flags":[
            "UserValue",
            "SemicolonAppendable"
         ]
      }
   }
}

You could also do instead of flags a type. So "type": "StringList" which would then map the flags properly.

I'm up for whatever you think would be best. The first is certainly the most verbose but has a direct mapping. The rest end up requiring more of a transformation to get it into the current format.