[cmake-developers] Android Support

Robert Goulet Robert.Goulet at autodesk.com
Fri Aug 12 11:26:33 EDT 2016

That's super awesome Brad!

Looking forward to try this out!

-----Original Message-----
From: cmake-developers [mailto:cmake-developers-bounces at cmake.org] On Behalf Of Brad King
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2016 11:13 AM
To: cmake-developers at cmake.org
Subject: [cmake-developers] Android Support

Hi Folks,

I've implemented native support for cross-compiling to Android with CMake using either an Android NDK or an Android Standalone Toolchain.
I plan to include this in the CMake 3.7 release.

Please see the MR here:

  https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/62

This enables building with simple toolchain files, or even without one:

  $ cmake ../src -DCMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME=Android -DCMAKE_ANDROID_NDK=/path/to/ndk

Note that interface compatibility with popular third-party Android toolchain files is a non-goal of this work (though we should not break them too much).
Instead I'd like to make the support feel native within CMake.  For example, the Android API level is naturally specified by CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION.

If you're interested in this support please fetch the MR branch and try it out.  The Help/manual/cmake-toolchains.7.rst manual has been updated with documentation about how to use this.