[cmake-developers] patches from pkgsrc

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Aug 2 13:08:23 EDT 2016

On 07/28/2016 12:26 PM, Patrick Welche wrote:
> While looking at updating cmake at:
>
>   http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/current/pkgsrc/devel/cmake/README.html
>
> I see that there are some patches which look useful, which I attach in
> this series.

Thanks.  I've applied the CMake parts here:

 cmELF: Port to SCO OpenServer 5.0.7/3.2
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=16a3a735

 SCO_SV: Enable so filename versioning
 https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=56539d89

I've applied the KWSys parts to its upstream:

* http://review.source.kitware.com/21403 SystemInformation: Treat BSDs more uniformly
* http://review.source.kitware.com/21404 SystemInformation: Treat Solaris the same as Linux
* http://review.source.kitware.com/21405 SystemTools: Fix FileExists for some SCO OpenServer file permissions

Once integrated there I can update CMake's copy.

I left out the "Use correct cmake macro." change because it is wrong.
The SIZEOF_VOID_P macro is defined by code in CMakeLists.txt using
the value of CMAKE_SIZEOF_VOID_P.  The former is a C++ preprocessor
macro.  The latter is only visible in CMake code.