[cmake-developers] 0016046: GHS Multi Generator: duplicate object file names

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 18 11:28:06 EDT 2016

On 04/17/2016 04:22 PM, Geoffrey Viola wrote:
> Attached is a patch to fix the bug tracked at https://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=16046.
> It adds a special source property to set the obj filename for the GHS MULTI generator.
> It is necessary, because GHS MULTI has a bug where it can’t compile two source files
> with the same filenames.

Thanks.  However, I do not think it should be the project's responsibility
to set the OBJECT_FILE property for this.  CMake's VS IDE generator has
the same problem so we generate specific object file names automatically
when the defaults will not be unique.  See logic here:

  cmLocalVisualStudioGenerator::ComputeObjectFilenames
  https://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=blob;f=Source/cmLocalVisualStudioGenerator.cxx;hb=v3.5.2#l41

and use of AddExplicitObjectName in particular.