[cmake-developers] Add command line options for deprecation message control

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 25 16:12:14 EDT 2015

On 09/25/2015 03:44 PM, Michael Scott wrote:
> it's release period at my office too so a busy time there as well.

Okay, I really don't want to try to rush in a fix for this before the
3.4 deadline, especially when we're both busy with other things.  The
entire feature was developed under the misconception that -Wdev and
-Wno-dev were only about the message() command.  The tests only cover
that.  We've identified that there may be other IssueMessage calls that
may not deal well with -Werror=dev.

I'm going to proceed with my reversion of the entire feature for 3.4.
We can pick this up during post-3.4 development when you have time.
Then we can review the all related semantics together.