[cmake-developers] generator expression for path slash conversion

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Sep 25 09:38:21 EDT 2015

On 09/24/2015 11:08 AM, Kislinskiy, Stefan wrote:
> Regarding the nice bracket tweak: Maybe the minimum required
> version in Tests/GeneratorExpression/CMakeLists.txt should be
> updated to 3.0.0 then?

The test also covers policy CMP0044 behavior and so cannot require
a version new enough to set that policy.  It doesn't really matter
because we never run the test suite except with the current version
of CMake anyway.

After nightly testing of the main change I added this fixup:

 fixup! Genex: Add a SHELL_PATH expression
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d1912e51

which I'll squash in to the final change before merging to 'master'.
The problem is that on Windows we support the "Unix Makefiles"
generator that uses forward slashes but not MSYS-style drive letter
conversion.