[cmake-developers] Help with diagnosing dashboard failure

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:13:50 EDT 2015

Brad King wrote:

> On 09/23/2015 01:15 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> Yes, however the revision was not correct. The current fix-max-path-
>> initialization branch does not use that revision.
>>
>>>  cmGlobalGenerator: Create local generator after configuring the
>>>  makefile. http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=d3f6ff43
>>>
>>> Can you reproduce it with that version?
>>
>> That commit fails because it is based on 26cae90b. I would expect every
>> test to fail with that commit, not just the RunCMake.try_compile test.
>
> Well, that's the version on which the dashboard reported lots of failures.
> If the new version of the topic does not have that problem, then where
> was trouble with it reported on the dashboard?

Here for example:

 https://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=375168917&build=4019052

which is based on 2cdc6d09.

Regardless of 26cae90b or a3aa333d, the code fragment is later removed in
the 'cmGlobalGenerator: Create local generators after all makefiles
configured.' commit.

26cae90b and a3aa333d are both intermediate states, but it is the end of the
branch for which many dashboard failures were reported

 https://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&date=2015-09-20

The end result of the current fix-max-path-initialization branch is the same
as it was then.