[cmake-developers] Generator expressions for install destination

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 15:02:41 EDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 01:47 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> Updated patch for install(FILES) DESTINATION genex support. Test added as well.

Thanks.  I applied it without the test:

 install: Allow generator expressions in FILES DESTINATION
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=17aa6fd3

and then added alternative tests:

 Tests: Cover install(FILES) with a genex DESTINATION
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=69ab5f55

I was concerned that the original test case depended too much
on possibly platform-specific file names and such.  I also added
a test for a bad genex producing an error message.