[cmake-developers] [Patch] Adding Windows 10 support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Sep 23 10:16:46 EDT 2015

On 09/23/2015 10:03 AM, Gilles Khouzam wrote:
> If the property is not present then the default is to use the Windows 8.1 SDK.

Thanks for explaining that VS behavior.

> I'm suggesting that if the SYSTEM_NAME is Windows but the Version is set
> to 10.0 then we can use the same logic as for Store apps.

Yes, if CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME is "Windows" and CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION
indicates Windows > 8.1 then we should use the latest SDK that
is available but not newer than the version of Windows targeted.

BTW, what are the values of CMAKE_HOST_SYSTEM_VERSION on Windows
7, 8, 8.1, and 10 when CMake is built with the new manifest file?
IIUC they should be:

 Windows 7   => 6.1
 Windows 8   => 6.2
 Windows 8.1 => 6.3
 Windows 10  => 10.0

plus a third component for the Windows build number.