[cmake-developers] Generator expressions for install destination

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 16:53:04 EDT 2015

Robert Goulet wrote:

> Ok then perhaps the refactoring can wait but we'd still like to get
> install(FILES) destination genex support in 3.4 if possible, and genex
> evaluation requires the cmMakefile. How should we proceed then?

cmLocalGenerator has a GetMakefile method (currently). Don't you just need
to use

 this->LocalGenerator->GetMakefile()

in cmInstallFilesGenerator?

Whether Brad would still accept a patch like that for 3.4 I don't know, but
I think it should be a relatively simple implementation? However, there may
need to be more tests for the new functionality and error cases etc.