[cmake-developers] Generator expressions for install destination

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Sep 22 16:45:45 EDT 2015

On 09/22/2015 04:35 PM, Robert Goulet wrote:
> Ok so that brings the question, how is 3.4 schedule looking?

The feature freeze will be Oct 1 shortly after which post-3.4 development
will open.  Steve will then start his post-3.4 refactoring topic merges
and then we can come back to this feature.

> We really wanted to get install(FILES) destination genex in CMake 3.4
> release version... this is a bit disappointing because we'll have to
> stick with our custom branch another round. Oh well.

Sorry about that but the timing just didn't work out.  At least your
genex support for OUTPUT_NAME and OUTPUT_DIRECTORY will be in 3.4.

Thanks for your patience,