[cmake-developers] [CPackDeb] empty directories in packages

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 06:03:52 EDT 2015

> I was looking at this issue
>
> and apparently it is not possible to install empty directories (I just
> tested).
>
> I believe that it should be possible to do that (even if there are better
> ways like postinst).
> What is your opinion?

I agree. This is also an issue on other packaging generators (e.g. tar gz)

> The attached patch addresses this (and adds the corresponding test). It is
> based on my previous patch
> "0001-CPackDeb-preventing-md5sum-on-symlinks.patch".

Thanks, applied to next for testing:
http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=47b060

Your patch only fixed the issue for component packaging so I extended
it to non component packaging as well. This also fixes the issue for
other generators:
http://www.cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commit;h=b58de9f

Other fixed bug reports:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=8767 and