[cmake-developers] [CPackDeb][libarchive] removing use of fakeroot and supporting UID/GID/UNAME etc in libarchive

Raffi Enficiaud raffi.enficiaud at mines-paris.org
Mon Sep 14 17:49:32 EDT 2015

Le 14/09/15 23:34, Domen Vrankar a écrit :
>> Thank you. However those two test are not mutually exclusive. I think having
>> them on lintian is also a good thing.
>
> I've tried your test change before but lintian test complained that
> 775 are invalid permissions (should be 755). Is this caused by a
> different version of lintian or should I just modify your test to use
> 755 permissions and apply that?

That's very good that it fails :)

I tested on Ubuntu 14.04, maybe Debian distributions are even more
strict. Apparently the files that "file(WRITE ...)" created on your
system are with 775. I believe the problem lies in the "file(" commands
rather than on a different version of lintian.

OTOH, I can see from this:

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/control-file-has-bad-permissions.html

that all files should have at least a permission mask set to ~S_IWGRP &
~S_IWOTH (with "control_tar.SetPermissionsMask(~S_IWGRP & ~S_IWOTH)"),
so that the executable bit is left unchanged and the write bit is
cleared for group and others (755 and 644).

What do you think?

Raffi