[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015470]: Clarify behavior for relative paths in custom command DEPENDS

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Mon Mar 23 13:12:11 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=15470
Reported By:                Brad King
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15470
Category:                   (No Category)
Reproducibility:            have not tried
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2015-03-23 13:12 EDT
The add_custom_command and add_custom_target commands provide DEPENDS options.
Our own projects always use absolute paths with these DEPENDS option.  We've
never clearly defined how relative paths are treated, but the implementation has
been modified a few times assuming that we always get either target names or
absolute paths.  For example:

 add_custom_command: Normalize OUTPUT and DEPENDS paths.
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c4af46b4

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change