[cmake-developers] file glob and glob recurse directory listing difference

Domen Vrankar domen.vrankar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 18:37:54 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I'm working on a patch to enable directory listing in
file(GLOB_RECURSE...). Currently GLOB lists directories and
GLOB_RECURSE doesn't.

I was thinking about unifying the two by providing
NO_DIRECTORY_LISTING option. Unfortunately this breaks back
compatibility so I would need to use a policy.

My question is may I use/define the next available policy number for that?

Alternative would be to define LIST_DIRECTORIES for GLOB_RECURSE only
and preserve back compatibility that way - maybe also define
NO_DIRECTORY_LISTING for GLOB just for the sake of consistency.

Thanks,
Domen