[cmake-developers] Generating buildsystem metadata from CMake

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 10:17:18 EDT 2015

On 03/11/2015 11:10 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following from the thread here:
>
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/10711/focus=12394
>  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.programming.tools.cmake.devel/10711/focus=12650

The discussion in that thread is causing people confusion (eg regarding
an obsolete approach to config and CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE). Please discontinue
the discussion there. My branch is the way forward.

I extended my branch to contain not only test and documentation but also
an implementation and a generated file from my computer, so that you can
read it/try it and give feedback. Obviously the branch needs to be
broken up into multiple commits, but that something to do when this is
not a prototype anymore. We are still in a design discussion.

I pushed the implementation only because I know you guys won't discuss
the design of the feature on its own and you want to have an
implementation asap. However, this is still a design discussion, and all
of the questions in my previous mail are still valid.