[cmake-developers] RFC: CMake precompiled header support and custom compiler based implementation

Amine Khaldi amine.khaldi at reactos.org
Sun Mar 1 06:12:45 EST 2015

> Yes, it was meant to work with Makefiles and Ninja.
Okay, I'll give it a shot with Ninja and report back.

> Not at the moment, but C support double be just copy&paste replacing "CXX" with "C". I'll add it to the TODO.
Thank you. ReactOS is mostly C so lack of its support prevents us from testing it on ReactOS.

I noticed two things so far:

* It seems target centric, what about targets where we want PCH to cover a specific set of source files, not all the source files of a target? I ask because in ReactOS, for example, we are forced to compile GUID related source files without PCH in order for them to work. Other cases can be when some source files requires flags/defines applied to headers that belong to the PCH but are not present in other source files. Is there a way to achieve that?
* The shared idea means you can create a target just to hold a PCH, then make the rest of targets share that PCH?

Regards,
Amine.