[cmake-developers] C# support?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 29 13:05:28 EDT 2015

On 06/26/2015 10:47 AM, Stuermer, Michael SP/HZA-ZSEP wrote:
> Does it have a realistic chance to be accepted for upstream

Yes, so long as it comes with proper tests and is not too intrusive
on the overall design/implementation of CMake.

In order to enable use of C# sources we should get

 enable_language(CSharp)

to work.  This is likely straightforward with the VS generators.

One question is how things should be done for the Makefile and
Ninja generators.  For these we need to construct command line
invocations of the compiler.  I'm not very familiar with C#.
Does it need separate compilation with dependencies or should one
simply invoke the compiler with the entire list of sources in
a response file or something?