[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015629]: A way to install the command-line tool links from the command line would be useful

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Jun 23 17:56:57 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Guy Harris
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15629
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   feature
Date Submitted:             2015-06-23 17:56 EDT
Now that you no longer have an installer package for OS X, the command-line
tools have to be installed by running CMake through the GUI.

For Wireshark, we have a script for OS X to install stuff for building Wireshark
from source.  That script downloads and installs CMake, which isn't *required*
yet but is *supported* (and may eventually become the default or only tool for
building).

It'd be nice if it could run some program to install the command-line tools.

(Wireshark also has command-line tools, but that's one of the reasons we *don't*
do drag-install.  The other is that we also install a launchd launch daemon to
make it possible to capture traffic without root privileges.)

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change