[cmake-developers] Incorrect path handling in generation of export files

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jun 23 13:11:36 EDT 2015

On 06/22/2015 05:00 PM, Dan Liew wrote:
> One of the libraries listed in the INTERFACE_LINK_LIBRARIES has
> invalid syntax because the slashes have not been escaped. I believe
> the correct solution would be to have CMake convert all paths to CMake
> style paths before writing them to export files.

If we were to take that approach the conversion would need to take
place much earlier so that the in-build targets behave the same
way.  For now the simplest thing to do is fix the escaping of the
export files because that needs to be done anyway.

>  Source/cmExportFileGenerator.cxx
>  Source/cmExportBuildFileGenerator.cxx
>  Source/cmExportInstallFileGenerator.cxx
>
> in the CMake source tree.  There are several places that just generate
> double quotes around a raw value that should instead use EscapeForCMake.

Here is a fix and a test:

 Export: Escape exported property values when writing CMake language files
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c47cc249