[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015615]: ctest --output-on-failure doesn't work

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Fri Jun 12 22:37:02 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                vinipsmaker
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15615
Category:                   CTest
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2015-06-12 22:37 EDT
According to the documentation[1], the --output-on-failure argument will
instruct ctest to show the tests output when they fail. A second approach is to
set the env var CTEST_OUTPUT_ON_FAILURE. Neither option work for me.

As you can see on appveyor[2], some tests fail, but no output is given.

On GNU/Linux, setting the CTEST_OUTPUT_ON_FAILURE does work for me.

[1] http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.3/manual/ctest.1.html
[2]
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/vinipsmaker/boost-http/build/1.0.63/job/71vy3hxrx9clstju#L1028

Issue History