[cmake-developers] [CMake 0015608]: automoc fails when enabling autorcc

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Thu Jun 11 02:14:57 EDT 2015

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Hendrik Sattler
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   15608
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   major
Date Submitted:             2015-06-11 02:14 EDT
Automoc does not work after initial cmake run when autorcc is enabled.

I created a small example that shows the problem. I created it from
scratch and it instantly fails for me. I get:
error C3861: 'onTst2': identifier not found (moc_main.cpp)

This file is auto-generated and thus was not updated. -> Should not
happen.

I also tried to manually run cmake, it won't help. However, commenting mainx.qrc
helps! Or using qt4_add_resources() and disabling CMAKE_AUTORCC!

Suddenly, the bugtest_automoc target is gone in VS and it compiles
again, even after adding/removing Qt slot functions.
BTW, why is this target called bugtest_automoc and not bugtest_autogen?

The whole thing looks strange as bugtest target still has a
qrc_mainx.cpp.rule but bugtest_automoc also has such a rule.
The bugtest.automoc.rule file properties show no real command:
-----------------
setlocal
cd D:\bugtest\cmake-autogen\build
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
D:
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :cmEnd
:cmEnd
endlocal & call :cmErrorLevel %errorlevel% & goto :cmDone
:cmErrorLevel
exit /b %1
:cmDone
if %errorlevel% neq 0 goto :VCEnd
-----------------
Is that supposed to actually do something?

I am using Visual Studio 2010. CMake is 3.2.2 but also I tried 3.3-rc1.

Steps to Reproduce:
You need to create a foo.png to get the qrc to actually create the
source file (actually 2nd bug that CMake doesn't warn about a missing file).

First run, comment out the onTst2 slot function (both h and cpp file),
it should build.
Then comment it before 2nd run.

Additional Information:
CMakeLists.txt:
cmake_minimum_required ( VERSION 3.0.2 )
cmake_policy ( VERSION 3.0.2 )

project ( bugtest CXX )

find_package ( Qt4 )

set ( CMAKE_INCLUDE_CURRENT_DIR ON )
set ( CMAKE_AUTOMOC ON )
set ( CMAKE_AUTORCC ON )

add_executable ( bugtest
  main.cpp
  mainx.qrc
)
target_link_libraries ( bugtest Qt4::QtCore )

main.h:
#include <QObject>

class tst1 : public QObject
{