[cmake-developers] Supporting versioned wx-config in FindwxWidgets.cmake

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jun 8 16:17:33 EDT 2015

On 06/08/2015 11:49 AM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> However, I notice an apparent order inconsistency is now left in
> this module which may not be your intent

My intent was to integrate a Linux distro's patch upstream to fix
a known problem with minimal further effort or other changes.
FindwxWidgets has no maintainer right now.

> If the decision is to adopt generic name first for wx-config
> shouldn't you use that same convention for PATH_SUFFIXES?

Perhaps, but I don't want to change modules on an ad-hoc basis
for this without a real problem occurring.  If this is to be
addressed more generally a sweeping cleanup effort should be
done after further design discussion chooses the "correct"
behavior.  I have no time for such maintenance now.

> preferred versioned/unversioned ordering convention separately or
> jointly for PATH_SUFFIXES and NAMES in new find modules could you
> please document that somewhere

I've added it for NAMES:

 Help: Document find_* command versioned/unversioned name ordering
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=7ab0806f

I'm not sure it is correct for PATH_SUFFIXES so I'm leaving that
as-is for now.