[cmake-developers] Startup Project Configuration [mantis 15578]

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jun 4 09:03:01 EDT 2015

On 06/03/2015 04:35 PM, Davy Durham wrote:
> Okay, here's my patch.  It worked on my system.  I tested with the
> versions I have installed: VS 2008 and VS 2013, and it worked great.
>
> Fairly simple.   Updated the docs [sufficiently, I think].

That looks pretty good.  A few comments:

* Please provide a proposed commit message.  The first line should
  end with (#15578) to reference the issue tracker entry.

* Please wrap lines in C++ sources to <= 79 columns.

* Please use "this->" for references to member variables
  (e.g. this->FirstProject).

* Please look at adding a test case, perhaps as a new case in
  "Tests/RunCMake/SolutionGlobalSections/RunCMakeTest.cmake".
  That test already has code to parse the generated solution.
  You can parse it to verify the desired project is first (and
  perhaps a second case to verify ALL_BUILD is the default).