[cmake-developers] cmake-3.3.0-Linux-x86_64.tar.gz on download page is not gzipped

Nils Gladitz nilsgladitz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 09:54:45 EDT 2015

On 07/31/2015 03:09 PM, Brad King wrote:
> I think some browsers or other download tools may automatically
> gunzip files during download.

I seem to get that with Chromium too.

The HTTP response for cmake-3.3.0.tar.gz does contain:

Which I think does tell clients that they should decompress to get the
actual content which is declared to be of
HTTP server compresses the .tar.gz once more with gzip before delivery.

For cmake-3.3.0.zip of "Content-Type: application/zip" there is no
"Content-Encoding" field in the HTTP response.

Maybe other clients have workarounds for these kinds of errors?

Nils