[cmake-developers] Java support

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 29 09:47:48 EDT 2015

On 07/29/2015 04:01 AM, CHEVRIER, Marc wrote:
> here is an updated list of patches.

Great.

>    find_package_handle_standard_args(Java
>      REQUIRED_VARS Java_JAVA_EXECUTABLE Java_JAR_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVAC_EXECUTABLE
>                    Java_JAVAH_EXECUTABLE Java_JAVADOC_EXECUTABLE
> +                  Java_IDLJ_EXECUTABLE Java_JARSIGNER_EXECUTABLE
>      VERSION_VAR Java_VERSION
>      )

Are idlj and jarsigner reliably available whenever the other tools are?
Even for older versions?  Do these need to be REQUIRED_VARS?  I'm
concerned this could make a case that previously found java not report
it found anymore.

> -          --build-project hello
> +          --build-target hello

The tests should still have --build-project as this corresponds to
the .sln file name in Visual Studio builds.  The --build-target
option can be added in addition to it.