[cmake-developers] Add command line options for deprecation message control

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 29 09:26:10 EDT 2015

On 07/27/2015 07:07 PM, Michael Scott wrote:
> I've changed the -W dev options to affect the deprecated warnings/errors
> as well, but only if the user hasn't used one of the options that
> control deprecated warnings (-Wdeprecated, -Wno-deprecated,
> -Werror=deprecated, -Wno-error=deprecated), if they have then the -W dev
> options won't affect the CMAKE_WARN_DEPRECATED or CMAKE_ERROR_DEPRECATED
> variables.
>
> I've also added the two -W dev options, "-Werror=dev" and
> "-Wno-error=dev", to bring this set of options in line with the
> deprecated set of options.

Great!  I've applied the patch with a few tweaks:

 cmake: Add -W options to control deprecation warnings and errors
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=c96fe0b4

The largest change is that I hid CMAKE_SUPPRESS_DEVELOPER_ERRORS
from public documentation since it is just an implementation
detail to store the corresponding options persistently.