[cmake-developers] Listing source-tree files encountered

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jul 21 14:55:54 EDT 2015

On 07/21/2015 02:50 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Clifford Yapp wrote:
>
>> With David's patch and the above SOURCE_DIR property, it looks like
>> the necessary pieces are now present for target + source processing.
>
> That might happen to work for brlcad, but it is not really true.

The goal here is to get rid of BRL-CAD's need for overriding commands
without necessarily solving all the problems in general so long as the
changes are independently useful and not specific to BRL-CAD's needs.
I think SOURCE_DIR and BINARY_DIR provide useful information, as will
the TARGETS global property discussed in another branch of this thread.

> Why not add a generator expression like $<TARGET_SOURCES:tgt> and use that
> instead? You can implement/define that as creating absolute paths.

I would welcome this more complete solution too.