[cmake-developers] install(EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL) new feature - request for comment

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Jul 21 09:57:11 EDT 2015

On 07/18/2015 02:03 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> I find the title interesting but I didn't attempt to read the email.
>
> Please make a proposal instead of just dumping a tree of text

For reference, the text is from the issue tracker entry:

 No way to exclude a component install() from a full installation
 http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14921

It proposes a patch attached to that entry which I've also attached
here.  The idea is to define install() rules which are *not* part of
the default installation when no component is specified.  IIUC then
one would need to request the specific component explicitly during
installation in order to get it.