[cmake-developers] [Patch] Added property to disable the "Built target" progress messages in Makefile targets

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Jul 15 09:10:01 EDT 2015

On 07/10/2015 03:18 PM, Michael Enßlin wrote:
> The patch adds a global property, "TARGET_MESSAGES", which behaves
> analogous to "RULE_MESSAGES" in that it can be explicitly set to OFF to
> suppress some build output.

Thanks!  I've applied it with minor tweaks:

 Makefile: Optionally disable target completion messages in build output
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=1d398478

I also added test cases:

 Tests: Add test for TARGET_MESSAGES global property
 http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=f0cad193