[cmake-developers] cmake.exe parameters and system command line length limit

Robert Goulet Robert.Goulet at autodesk.com
Mon Jul 13 13:44:06 EDT 2015

Hi all,

We use a custom script to handle which parameters we set to cmake.exe on Windows. It sets CMake values based on the options provided to this script, using the -D cmake parameter. This works well, but recently we've reached the limit on how many characters we can set to a single system command line (cmd.exe), because our number of options is growing.

Is there a work-around for this using CMake, or perhaps feed CMake parameters from a file rather than from command-line parameters? i.e. "cmake.exe < params.txt" ?

Thanks!