[cmake-developers] Windows Store generated solution also containing win32 console app?

Gilles Khouzam Gilles.Khouzam at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 29 18:11:26 EST 2015

Hi Robert,

For applications you might not need the VS_WINRT_COMPONENT, but for libraries setting it vs not does have some differences. The main one being that you produce a WinMD file when set. If you look at the new project dialog when creating a Windows Store component, you have 2 types DLL & Windows Runtime Component, this is what the VS_WINRT_COMPONENT flag defines. By default we want to keep the same functionality that we had before and only turn DLLs into WinRT components when you explicitely set it.

I've got it on my agenda to update the VSWinStorePhone project to be a little more complicated and incorporate multiple simple components which should test this functionality a little more.